Reports to: Head of Evidence and Knowledge Management
Responsible for: Interns and or freelancers
Salary: £22,461 per annum pro rata
Hours: 3 days a week
Terms: 12-month fixed-term contract, (possibility of renewal, subject to funding)
FORWARD is the African women-led organisation working to end violence against women and girls. From female genital mutilation and child marriage to domestic and sexual violence, we tackle abuse and discrimination – enabling African women and girls to have the dignity, health and equality they deserve.
FORWARD is seeking an experienced Research and Evaluation Officer to join our evidence team. As the Research and Evaluation Officer, you will work closely with the Head of Evidence and Knowledge Management to produce high quality social and policy research on issues such as Female Genital Mutilation, child marriage and other forms of violence against women and girls. You will also contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of FORWARD’s UK programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your research skills and make a solid contribution to important research that advances the rights of African women and girls.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing day-to-day research projects, including setting timelines, coordinating with suppliers, organising interviews, and managing expenses.
- Contributing to the development of qualitative and quantitative research design and data collection tools.
- Carrying out desk research and literature review, using a range of methods and data sources, concerning violence against women and girls and other social and racial inequalities.
- Conducting qualitative fieldwork across the UK, on sensitive topics and with women from marginalised communities.
- Contributing to the analysis of qualitative and quantitative research data, identifying key themes and findings.
- Producing high quality and varied research outputs, including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary.
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation reporting processes of FORWARD’s programmes, coordinating with teams to ensure accurate data collection and reporting
- Supporting the recruitment and commissioning of external evaluators, including drafting terms of reference, briefing and managing the quality of evaluation design and reporting.
As part of the recruitment and selection process, FORWARD may undertake DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checks where appropriate for all individuals who will work directly with children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to welcoming people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. FORWARD considers being female a Genuine Occupational Requirement for this post under the Equality Act 2010.
Closing date: 1st November 2021
To apply for this post please read the Job Description and send back a completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form to [email protected]
Pease state this reference in your application: Evidence21
Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are sorry we are unable to reply to all submissions.