The community outreach engages with local communities in dynamic ways to raise awareness about the consequences of FGM and Violence against Women and Girls and inform on support services available.
The community training includes both formal training and outreach
- Health & Leadership Training Programme: designed to enhance efforts to safeguard the sexual health and rights of women and girls in the UK by training participants to become community-based advocates against on Violence against Women and Girls issues.
- Commissioned training for specific community peer educators including men and women
- Coffee mornings: a safe space for women from VAWG affected communities including FGM.
- Workshops and Seminars and Events
Outreach services may include the following stalls in schools and community settings, awareness raising with community language.
Leadership Skills training for both men and women, Parent sessions, Information stalls at events.
To ensure a change in attitude in the community which is crucial if change is expected. Usually these sessions are funded by institutions or projects
Our Support Services include:
- FGM psychosocial family support sessions
- Commissioned FGM Risk Assessment
FORWARD provides emotional support to women by assisting them to talk through emotional/difficult issues. Also supporting women by providing safe spaces to talk, meet other women, engage and learn from other women and professionals, effective signposting and accompany women to relevant services.
May I book your services next year in our usual room? Thanks for the wonderful session you provided this year.
We also offer bespoke training courses tailored to your specific needs. For more information, or to register for training, please contact [email protected]