FORWARD is hosting a London ASCENT-supported training for professionals working in Croydon Borough to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and 16 Days of Activism. For more information about FORWARD’s Training Programme, please email [email protected].
When and where?
DATE: TUES, 5 DECEMBER 2023
TIME: 10.00am – 1.30pm
- Introduce the basics of FGM.
- Increase knowledge, awareness and understanding of the practice of FGM and the FGM legal framework in the UK.
- Strengthen cultural competency, increase confidence and professional responses when safeguarding girls at risk, and supporting those affected by FGM.
- Improve knowledge of support services and access for women and girls affected by FGM.
What is expected of you?
- Email [email protected] to register to attend the session.
- Be prepared to learn, network and share good practices!
Who should attend?
- Health and social care professionals
- Legal practitioners
- Community organisations and leaders
- Education professionals
What do I get from this training?
- Enhanced and shared knowledge on harmful practices, particularly FGM.
- Ability to identify key barriers for women and girls at risk and identify key referral routes for support.
- Ability to describe the legislative and policy frameworks for the prevention of harmful practices and FGM, the safeguarding of women and girls, and the prosecution of perpetrators.
This training is supported by London Councils.