FORWARD’s Young Women’s Circle is a support service for young women between the ages of 18-35 in the UK, specifically those from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds. We will offer free weekly psychoeducational support sessions run by trained psychotherapist Misha Camara and other facilitators within FORWARD and Home Girls Unite networks.
The Young Women’s Circle will provide participants with the skills needed to tackle the issues of race, gender-based violence and mental health. The service aims to build on young women’s strength and gives them confidence in their ability to contribute to significant change in their own lives.
The Sessions will cover the following:
- Life challenges: How to manage your experiences and move towards recovery
- Leadership: Reclaiming your agency and power, and the importance of sisterhood
- Reflections during the pandemic: Effects of collective trauma and the benefits of progressive healing
- Self-talk and self-care: What is self-care? How can I develop a deeper sense of my needs and how to meet them?
- The vicious cycle of worry: How to stop the cycle of worry and learn how to be in the here and now
- VAWG: Hear from FORWARD and Home Girls Unite on current issues and reflections
To register, please fill in the application form in the link below by Tuesday, 23rd June 2021. Please note, spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis and sessions will begin on a weekly basis from Friday, 25th June 2021 at 5:30pm